27/10/2012

{VEGAN} TOFU BURGERS

Inspired by all the healthy loveliness going on over at Drea's blog and a recipe I found here. I decided to whip up something I hoped mister Stanley would enjoy...
So to make the tofu burgers you will need the following ingredients below as well as a bit of oil and some flour. I followed roughly the measurements set out in the recipe but freestyled a bit with what I had which was basically less of everything she suggests, but it still made a load of burger mix!




















Firstly blanch the broccoli until done and fry the spring onion with the mushrooms and garlic until soft.




















I found I had to whizz it up in two batches as it was too much for my smallish blender to handle. The mixture is a good consistency and needs no egg to hold it together. Lots of other vegetables would work well in here too - sweetcorn, peppers, spinach, kale etc.

Form into lovely patties and dust lightly with flour.

















Fry for a few minutes either side until warmed through and brown on both sides.
I also froze a few in pairs for future. I made about 9 burgers from this recipe. Pretty simple and a good one to be adapted too!

Needless to say Stanley didn't like them, he ate one mouthful and half spat out the second mouthful. I will try them on him again in a week or so time. It is amazing really that I can add together ALL the things he really likes and make it into something he doesn't. Ho hum.

On a better note though my husband LOVED them, so at least they didn't go to waste. As a grown up dinner they'd be lovely with a bit of rice and some oriental style greens. Mmmmmm Stanley you don't know what you're missing!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe because Hooper hates most of the ingrediants he'll like them all together. Now wouldn't that make for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sarah Dyer - Blog